-->

Saturday 6 January 2018

I am Winter.

With all the snowy winter weather around at the moment, I have just realised that I do not have a winter poem on this blog.  There are some on my website, but here is a different one for those needing to embrace the winter season, but also to realise that Spring is not too far away!   It is written in letter form.


I am Winter,  King of Seasons.
 
Dear Autumn 
                                                    Time to go!
                                               Scram! Vamoose!
                                               It’s time for snow!

            I am Winter, King of seasons.

I bring snow for many reasons.

I decorate the walls and gates
 
                                      With mountain tops of fluffy flakes.


 
I am the White Knight of charm.

I bring stillness, peace and calm.

I freeze ponds to silvered mirrors.

I float icebergs down the rivers.

 
 
                                     I am the Black Prince of darker nights.

I bring the beauty of bright lights.

    I twinkle stars in frosty air.
                                  
                                     I bring the warmth of festivals to share.

 

I am the Ice Lord with ambition.
                                 
                                But when I meet the Spring Magician
                              
                                  Who scatters snowdrops in the lane,

                    My icy grip will slip…..

      I die, defeated once again.

 
 
                                          So, Autumn, take your bow,

                                                    Time you went
 
                                                 It’s my turn  NOW!

 
                                                          Yours,

                                                        Winter.

                                                  King of Seasons.

 
                                              ©Brenda Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment